Cloud Operations Engineer
October 28, 2021by Deli Okafor
Cloud Operations Engineer Apply now
Posted: 1 month ago
Title: Cloud Operations Engineer
ANCILE is looking for an aspiring Cloud Operations (CloudOps) Engineer who loves challenges, has a thirst for knowledge and is excited to learn! You will be responsible for maintaining high availability and scalability of our flagship product uPerform. The primary focus of this position will be helping us transition from a single tenant / single server application to a multi-tenant / micro services application running in AWS.
This position offers an outstanding opportunity to be a part of our Software Development & Innovation Group (SDIG) and work with cutting edge cloud technologies and offers amazing growth potential for individuals looking to take their career to the next level. Your duties include, but are not limited to supporting, operating, and maintaining AWS cloud infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, maintain, and understand custom scripts to increase system automation (using PowerShell, Python)
- Manage, configure, respond, and resolve infrastructure alerts
- Provide support for Production and non-production environments to ensure SLAs are met.
- Implement Operational tools and requirements such as monitoring, log ingestion, security, and high availability services
- Participate in 24×7 On Call rotation with 3-4 other team members
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or equivalent practical work experience
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS preferred), SQL and/or MySQL databases
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proficiency in scripting languages (PowerShell and Python preferred)
- Knowledge of source control best practices (GitHub)
- Proficiency in Windows Server and services (IIS preferred)
- Strong credential management practices (both personally and through code)
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Works well with others in a team environment, possesses strong ability to work independently to solve complex issues
- Able to multi-task and manage changing and possibly conflicting priorities to meet operations nature of team
- Languages: Working verbal and written knowledge of English